Camaro Gto Ls1 Alternator Power Steering Bracket K10167 on 2040-parts.com
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Brand:Kwik Performance, Inc.
Manufacturer Part Number:K10167
Help for LS1 Camaro engine swaps
Relocate your LS1 alternator and power steering pump with this bracket package.
It's professionally engineered and tested.
The clean design looks like it came from the factory.
It's so inexpensive you won't even have to get permission from your wife.
Here's a Kwik and easy solution to your LS1 alternator and power steering pump problems:
- You may have clearance issues with the frame, motor mount, or steering box.
- You want to use your F-body alternator and "Type 2" remote reservoir power steering pump, but place them in the Corvette locations.
Here's how to solve those problems:
- Keep your current alternator and pump.
- Mount them with a bracket kit from Kwik Performance, Inc.
This listing fits Camaro, Firebird, and GTO LSx engines only.
Features and benefits
- Stresses and vibrations evaluated with Finite Element Analysis and prototype testing.
- All pulleys aligned with each other within SAE specifications.
- Zinc plated fasteners used throughout for corrosion resistance and great appearance.
- All brackets made from 6061-T6 aluminum for light weight, good looks, and rust-free appearance. Matches the all-aluminum LSx engines.
- All plates are cut on a computer-controlled, ultra-high pressure water jet.
- All pulleys, belts, alternators, pumps, etc. are standard, easily available items.
What is included:
- Front and rear attachment plates.
- Spacer tubes.
- Idler pulley mount.
- All fasteners needed to attach the brackets to the engine, and the alternator and pump to the brackets.
- Smooth idler pulley.
Additional parts needed to complete the installation (not included in this kit):
- Six-rib belt, length such that the tensioner indicator arrow is between the max and min marks.
- LSx Engine with Camaro crank pulley and water pump.
- An LSx alternator from an F-body or truck/SUV.
- Almost any Type 2 remote reservoir power steering pump. Note: 2004 GTO pump does not fit.
- A compatible power steering pulley, with proper offset.
- AC compressor bracket shown is not required and not included. The standard GM tensioner can be used.
Click here for installation instructions
Copyright 2007-2008 Kwik Performance, Inc. All rights reserved
Belts, Pulleys, & Brackets for Sale
Wed, 07 Nov 2012 00:00:00 -0800
Vauxhall is replacing the Insignia VXR with the Insignia VXR SuperSport, with a 170mph top speed and costing just £29,995. But don’t run away with the ieda that the VXR SuperSport ios some sort of new, super-powerful version of the old VXR without the SuperSport badge, because it’s not. Vauxhall has simply taken the limiter off the old VXR – and in the process upped the top speed to 170mph – and actually dropped the price to £29,995.
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 00:00:00 -0700
Journalists often talk of cars stealing the limelight at motor shows. If any larceny was witnessed at the 2012 Paris motor show, it was most likely occurring on the McLaren stand, where the stunning P1 hypercar made its world debut. This is the culmination of Project P12, renamed as the P1 concept car to reflect F1's obsession with first slot on the grid.
Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:00:00 -0800
President Barack Obama on Tuesday vowed to hold U.S. automakers accountable for "bad practices" but promised to help create a "retooled, re-imagined auto industry."
In remarks to a joint session of Congress, Obama gave a sobering assessment of the nation's ills--mainly economic--but said: "We will rebuild, we will recover, and the United States of America will emerge stronger than before."
About midway through the speech, the president said:
"As for our auto industry, everyone recognizes that years of bad decision-making and a global recession have pushed our automakers to the brink. We should not, and will not, protect them from their own bad practices.