Old Man Emu Jeep Grand Cherokee (wk2) 2" Suspension Kit - Light Load on 2040-parts.com
Miami, Florida, United States
Manufacturer Part Number:OMEJWK2-2LD
Brand:OLD MAN EMU
Old Man Emu really had their work cut out for themselves in developing an integrated suspension system for the Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2. The WK2 runs an independent front and independent rear suspension setup and is available in a number of engine variants. The key areas that were addressed in the design of these components were lift, load carrying capability, and comfort. With the WK2 being a mid-sized SUV, the original suspension provided a comfort-orientated ride, which had a tendency to top out and frequently contact the bump stops, especially on rougher surfaces and over speed bumps. The WK2’s factory geometry allowed for a 40 to 50mm lift, which improves overall wheel travel and off road capability. To meet this need longer travel shocks and struts were developed for improved down travel and were tuned to match the new spring specifications.
NO BULL BAR / LIGHT OR ALLOY BULL BAR - LIGHT LOAD:
• Recommended for vehicles with no bull bar and carrying loads of 0kg to GVM. Optimum performance will be achieved with loads up to 150kg.
• Estimated Front lift: 45mm (1.77")
• Estimated Rear lift: 50mm (2")
• Coil Springs No Bar (Front) (3070 x 1 pair)
• Coil Springs Medium Load (Rear) (3074 x 1 pair)
• Nitrocharger Sport Struts (Front) (90026 x 2)
• Nitrocharger Sport Shock (Rear) (60124 x 2)
• Trim Packer - 5mm (FK79 x 2)
* No top mounting bushings or dirt shield supplied, re-use OE bushings and dirt shield.
FITS THESE VEHICLES:
• Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2) without Factory Towing Package and Gasoline Engine (3.6L Pentastar V6) - 2011-2015
Lift Kits & Parts for Sale
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:00:00 -0700
The growing range of SUVs from Audi looks set to continue with the launch of the Audi Q2 at this year’s Paris Motor Show. It’s no secret that Audi is on a mission to fill every conceivable car niche you can imagine, and a big part of that plan is to introduce more SUVs in the Audi ‘Q’ range. This time last year we reported that Audi looks set to introduce the Q1, Q2, Q4 and Q6 in the coming years, with all but the Q1 set to be ‘Coupe SUVs’ aimed at style conscious buyers.
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 00:00:00 -0700
Cars today have evolved and been refined to an extraordinary degree, but carmakers – and car designers – are still always looking for ‘the next big thing'. Yet despite a myriad of recent technical innovations, ask the man on the street what is the problem with cars of today, and he'll likely reply along the lines of "they all look the same". Mass production processes, packaging requirements and safety and regulatory constraints are just a few of the reasons why it is hard to make a car that looks truly different.
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:00:00 -0700
Peugeot has released pricing and model details of the 3008 for the UK
Peugeot has high hopes of almost creating a niche with the 3008. They say it’s a cross between an SUV, an MPV and an estate car. To be honest, we can’t decide.