Watkins Smart Camber Digital Gauge With Frame. on 2040-parts.com
Deltona, Florida, United States
Country/Region of Manufacture:United States
A Properly Aligned Car is a Fast Car
Camber and Caster
Camber angle is commonly referred to as the inclination of the wheels from true vertical. Camber is read as either positive or negative.
Caster angle is the rearward inclination of the line the front steering wheels pivot around. It is important because it produces a lever-arm for lateral forces, that is, a speed-dependent returning torque to the center-steer position. Caster also increases the camber angle when the wheels are turned which can also increase the tires total grip.
Correct settings of these two angles results in a vehicle that tracks straighter, more predictably and helps maximize the traction potential of the tire.
SmartCamber Features and Benefits
- Fast, simple and accurate
- Easy to read digital inclinometer display and long battery life
- Universal, three-point design easily used with nearly any wheel type, whether for cars or trucks (if using the Hands Free Adapter)
- In nearly all cases, no need to remove hub caps, lug nuts or jack the car off the ground – is held in place by hand or clipped to the wheel – no magnets needed
- Works equally well on level or non-level surfaces
- Ruggedly built for everyday use at home, shop or race track
- Widely used by one-day event enthusiasts (such as Hooked on Driving days), autocrossers, club racers, professional races and tuners throughout the world
- Two tools in one, the SmartLevel module can be quickly removed to measure other things on the car, in the shop or at home.
- If you already own a SmartLevel module, it will fit into the camber frame exactly the same way.
- Designed in California and made in USAThe SmartCamber tool was designed to accurately measure camber regardless of where the vehicle is or what angle surface it is on. The tool utilizes precise and repeatable digital technology and can be used over a wide variety of wheel/tire combinations regardless of where the vehicle is or what angle surface it is on.
Pit Equipment for Sale
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:00:00 -0700
The Dodge brand will receive the first Chrysler Group product based on Fiat's Compact Wide architecture, Fiat S.p.A. and Chrysler Group CEO Sergio Marchionne said Thursday. The Fiat-based sedan will broaden Dodge's offerings in the crucial compact segment.
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:00:00 -0800
Toyota recall the Avensis & Lexus IS 250
Toyota must have a sinking feeling of deja vu today, as the spectre of last year came back to haunt. 2010 was the year of the Toyota Recall, with millions of cars worldwide recalled to address the ‘Throttlegate’ issue of sticky accelerator pedals. But today’s recall announcement is not in that league, affects less than 20,000 cars in the UK (although over 1 million worldwide) and there have been no reports of any accidents relating to the recall in the UK.
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 00:00:00 -0700
By Damion Smy
First Official Pictures
15 April 2014 01:00
This is the next Land Rover Discovery in all its glory. Officially named the Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept, this car will be shown for the first time at the New York motor show as a prelude to the new Land Rover family. This concept heralds a new beginning for Land Rovers, which have played second fiddle to the Range Rover, especially the hot-selling Evoque.