Watkins Smart Camber Digital Gauge With Frame. on 2040-parts.com
Deltona, Florida, United States
Country/Region of Manufacture:United States
A Properly Aligned Car is a Fast Car
Camber and Caster
Camber angle is commonly referred to as the inclination of the wheels from true vertical. Camber is read as either positive or negative.
Caster angle is the rearward inclination of the line the front steering wheels pivot around. It is important because it produces a lever-arm for lateral forces, that is, a speed-dependent returning torque to the center-steer position. Caster also increases the camber angle when the wheels are turned which can also increase the tires total grip.
Correct settings of these two angles results in a vehicle that tracks straighter, more predictably and helps maximize the traction potential of the tire.
SmartCamber Features and Benefits
- Fast, simple and accurate
- Easy to read digital inclinometer display and long battery life
- Universal, three-point design easily used with nearly any wheel type, whether for cars or trucks (if using the Hands Free Adapter)
- In nearly all cases, no need to remove hub caps, lug nuts or jack the car off the ground – is held in place by hand or clipped to the wheel – no magnets needed
- Works equally well on level or non-level surfaces
- Ruggedly built for everyday use at home, shop or race track
- Widely used by one-day event enthusiasts (such as Hooked on Driving days), autocrossers, club racers, professional races and tuners throughout the world
- Two tools in one, the SmartLevel module can be quickly removed to measure other things on the car, in the shop or at home.
- If you already own a SmartLevel module, it will fit into the camber frame exactly the same way.
- Designed in California and made in USAThe SmartCamber tool was designed to accurately measure camber regardless of where the vehicle is or what angle surface it is on. The tool utilizes precise and repeatable digital technology and can be used over a wide variety of wheel/tire combinations regardless of where the vehicle is or what angle surface it is on.
Pit Equipment for Sale
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 00:00:00 -0700
The Global Automotive Forum has announced its first car design competition. Called the Boccaro Cup Car Design Contest, the competition is now open, and the deadline for submissions is 15 August. 阅读中文版请点击这里
The theme of the competition is a call for a new breed of designers to take Chinese culture forward with their creativity, and to set new trends for the future of the automobile.
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 00:00:00 -0800
General Motors has announced that it will be closing the Saab brand after the company was unable to strike a deal with Spyker Cars. This follows from last month's withdrawal of would-be suitor Koenigsegg, leaving Spyker the sole contender in the acquisition of the ailing Swedish brand. According to Nick Reilly, GM's European president, the company has decided to cut its losses:
"Despite the best efforts of all involved, it has become very clear that the due diligence required to complete this complex transaction could not be executed in a reasonable time.
Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:00:00 -0700
Did inspiration strike Lee Iacocca during a football game at the University of Michigan 50 years ago? At the time, Iacocca was a vice president with Ford Motor Co., which was preparing to roll out a new sports car the following spring. On Sept.