Interior Motives Design Conference 2005 announcedMon, 25 Apr 2005
With this challenging question Interior Motives magazine will open its first Interior Motives Design Conference, 28-29 June, in Berlin. This annual forum for leading designers and experts from automotive design and technology, as well as the external design world - such as fashion, architecture and furniture design - aims to provide the design community with the best platform for learning, discussion and advancement within automotive design.
Topics will include:
- Evolution: how do we speed up the automotive design/development process?
- Advancing interior design: emotional design in the absence of speed
- Design for 'people who don't want a plastic environment'
- Working within a challenging environment
- Creating cars in a hostile world
- Women and car design
- Automotive design and its place in the world
- Industrial design and product sophistication
Among the key industry figures that will be speaking at the conference are: Olivier Boulay, General Manager, Mercedes-Benz Advanced Design Center of Japan, DaimlerChrysler; Bill Fluharty, Vice President Industrial Design - North America, Johnson Controls; Roberto Geoleto, Director of Advanced Design, Fiat Group; Fabrizio Giugiaro, Director of Styling, ItalDesign-Giugiaro; Jorg Hysek, Designer, TeamStyling; Patrick le Quement, Senior Vice President Corporate Design, Renault; Roberto Piatti, Managing Director, Stile Bertone; Marek Reichman, Director ? Interior Strategy, Product, and Design Process, Ford Motor Company.
The first Interior Motives Design Conference is supported by sponsors Johnson Controls, ICEM and Alcantara SpA, with Berlin Business Development Corporation and Industrial Investment Council as supporters.