HIFONICS Colossus 35th Anniversary 3400 Watt RMS Competition Mono Amplifier
Click Thumbnails to Enlarge
Condition: BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING
Warranty: 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER
Authorized Hifonics Dealer!
Colossus 35th Anniversary
The Colossus celebrates the 35th Anniversary of Hifonics with a CTA certified super amp. The Colossus uses the Hifonics engineer’s technology, Ultra D Class™ in a Dual Mono block subwoofer amplifier that will deliver 3400 watts RMS.
Colossus Dual Mono Ultra –D-Class™
The Colossus represents Hifonics best signal processing and control features designed for a big mono amplifier. Key among them is the Dual Mono Ultra D-Class™ topology which helps the Colossus develop huge power while minimizing voltage strain. The “Dual” means there are literally two amplifiers in one heat sink for system designs that need to develop large power without giving up additional space.
Inside the Super Amp
The Colossus uses powerful and efficient transformers and audiophile grade capacitors and resistors. Electrical components are both through-hole and surface mount pieces that are all secured to double sided military grade glass resin epoxy circuit boards with beefed up copper traces. This ensures high voltage can pass through the circuit with minimal distortion in the signal path.
Twin turbo power supply torroids in a Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply design assure that car voltage is maximized from battery through to output MOSFET devices.
The Colossus utilizes Rock solid Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET outputs which are selected by the Hifonics engineers to be balanced for power output. This keeps power smooth even during demanding peak in the music.
In the signal path, Colossus uses the unique ParaQ™ circuit allowing full parametric control of the bass equalizer which can be controlled by the diagnostic bass remote.
Controls allow from a center frequency of 30hz up to 100hz with a 0 to 10dB boost with the width of the frequency to be adjusted from very narrow. As an example you might focus on 32hz only – or a wide adjustment, where with 40 as the “center” frequency, adjustments are made from 35 to 45hz. ParaQ™ delivers the most control of bass frequencies than any amplifier ever designed by Hifonics engineers. Read the white paper from Hifonics engineers about ParaQ™ (coming soon!).
Large Power / Large Ground
The Colossus is a Dual Mono Ultra D-Class™ amplifier. This means getting amperage from your electrical system and a solid ground are critical. Hifonics engineers assure that Colossus can accommodate 1 O/T for power and ground. This feature allows more current to get into the amplifier with the ability to establish an equal ground.
Rounding out the features are a variable subsonic and low pass electronic filters as well as Phase Shift and adjustable voltage from 9Volts to 0.2 Volts.
- Pre-Amp Circuitry: Low Noise PreAmplifier - Low voltage signal from the source unit comes into the amplifier pre-amplifier circuit with minimal distortion
- Inputs: Tiffany Style RCA Connectors - Audiophile signal quality and maximum signal throughput with minimum distortion and maximum external noise rejection
- Operation Mode: One Channel (Mono) - Mono mode is intended for subwoofers only
- Crossover / Signal Shaping: Accu-Cross & XCurve (X1/X10) - Accu-Cross crossovers allow for complete control of the signal directing to all speakers. XCurve allows for chosen frequencies to be as stated (X1) or multiplied by 10.
- Equalizer: ParaQ - Parametric Bass EQ with adjustments: Boost (0-10dB) Width (Narrow-Wide (On Center) Center Frequency (30Hz - 100Hz)
- Class / Topology: Dual Ultra D-Class™ - Ultra D-Class™ technology is at the very nerve center of Colossus. The proprietary “Ultra-D” design uses high-speed microprocessors with proprietary D/A conversion algorithms to efficiently control the dual mono current consumption. At very high listening levels. Hifonics Ultra D-Class results in lower distortion, higher current efficiencies and less heat than conventional D-Class amplifier designs.
- Output Devices Technology: Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET - The Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET is designed for music production vs just electronics output power. It produces very musical high power with high efficiency for cooling and minimal distortion
- Heat Sink: Aluminum - Heavy duty aluminum alloy heat-sink efficiently moves heat from the MOSFET where it can be cooled without the need for fans
- Power Supply: Twin turbo - The Twin Turbo Coil PS is a Pulse Width Modulated power supply keeps voltage constant through the Ultra-Fi output devices
- Bass Remote: Diagnostic Bass Remote Included - The Hifonics SUPER AMPS include a specialized Bass Remote that allows remote adjustment of the gain for the ParaQ bass equalization feature. Also critical is the Diagnostic ability of viewing the amplifier status on the L.E.D's of the remote
- Remote Status: Visualize Amplifier Signal - The remote also includes a clip indicator on the remote that mirrors what is visible on the amplifier end panel. This allows the user to see the output status of the amplifiers signal. There is one multi-color L.E.D that will show Green, Amber or Red. Green = Amplifier outputting clean signal. Amber = Amplifier outputting a "soft" clip signal which is a non-audible distortion only measurable on an oscilloscope. Red = Amplifier is putting out a "hard" clip signal. This is audible distortion and can damage speakers.
- Output Connections: Nickel-Plated - High temperature impact resistant with hex screw terminals that allow for secure connections and is erosion resistant
- Connections Type: Molded & Angled - Hardened composite mounting with secure connection for all Power, Ground and Speaker connections. Angled for ease of access during installation
- Signal Pass Through: Yes - One pair of Tiffany style connectors for a full range, L & R output allow distortion free signal to be passed through this amplifier to feed that signal to other components without the need for noise generating Y cables
- Diagnostics: Three-stage protection circuits - Monitor thermal, overload, DC, and speaker short protection with lighted indicators on the amplifier end panel
- Illumination: Yes - Hifonics logo and both the input and output side of the amplifiers connections
- Class: Ultra D-Class™
- Variable Voltage: 9 - 0.2V
- Signal to Noise: >90dB
- Frequency Response: 15-250Hz
- Crossover Type: Electronic
- Low Pass Crossover: 12dB Per Octave , 35Hz-250Hz
- Tone Control: ParaQ
- Bass Boost: Parametric 30-100Hz Wide-Narrow / 0-10dB
- Subsonic Filter: 15Hz-35Hz
- Phase Shift: 0 - 180 degrees
- Power @ 1-Ohm: 2 x 1700 RMS , 2 x 3400 Peak
- Power @ 2-Ohms: 2 x 1200 RMS , 2 x 2400 Peak
- Power @ 4-Ohms: 2 x 650 RMS , 2 x 1300 Peak
- Mono Bridged @ 2-Ohms: 1 x 3400 RMS , 1 x 6800 Peak
- Mono Bridged @ 4-Ohms: 1 x 2400 RMS , 1 x 4800 Peak
- Total Channels: 2
- Audio Inputs: Yes
- Audio Outputs: Yes, RCA
- Power Terminal: 12v/GND 0 gauge
- Speaker Terminal Wire Gauge: 12g
- Fusing: Use external 250
- Certifications: CTA-2006-B Compliant
Advantages of purchasing from an authorized seller:
- Best prices - We sell all Hifonics Products at the lowest price as possible.
- Full Factory Warranty
- Detailed information of all products
- Lifetime Customer Service by Hifonics product Experts
- Guaranteed legitimate and authentic merchandise
Please note: If you
purchase Hifonics from an un-authorized seller then you are taking a big
risk. You will not have any manufacturers warranty, and there is no
guarantee that the item is authentic, brand new, or even working.
AudioSavings Return Policy:
At Audiosavings, we strongly believe in customer satisfaction and therefore offer a friendly return policy.
Prior to returning merchandise, contact us and we will give you a return authorization #.
You may return this item for a refund within 30 DAYS of purchase.
Warranty Repair/Exchange Period: 1 YEAR
If your item is defective within the first 30 days of when it was delivered to you; you have the following options:
- We will send you a pre-paid shipping label to replace the item for a brand new one.
- We will send you a pre-paid shipping label to exchange the item for another item of your choice. If the item you chose is more or less money we will work out the price difference with you.
- We will refund you 100% of your money back. For refunds it is the customer's responsibility to ship the item back to us.
If you want to return your item within the first 30 days of when it was delivered to you; you have the following options:
- You may exchange the item for another item of your choice. If the item you choose is more or less money we will work out the price difference with you. The customer is responsible to ship the item back to us. Please note if the item you return is used there will be a 10% restocking fee deducted from your credit.
- You may receive a refund for the item less a 10% restocking fee. Customer is responsible to ship the item back to us.
Your replacement or refund will process within 3-5 business days of when we receive the item.
Please note items with physical damage un-related to shipping are not covered under warranty. This includes blown speakers with burned voice coils. Registered software cannot be returned.
You MUST notify us within 48 hours if you receive an item that was damaged during shipping.
Process for returning items
Please email us with your eBay user ID, Item code / model #, Condition of the item, and the reason for your return. Please also indicate whether you would like a replacement, an exchange, or a refund. We will supply you with a reference number (RMA #) to put on the package which will ensure quick processing of your return. All returns require a RMA# to be returned back to our facility.